Help Lead Your Industry as a Board Director for the OAUG E-Business Suite User Management (UMX) SIG
Call for Candidates Submission Deadline :
Tuesday, September 20, 2016
The E-Business Suite User Management SIG (UMX SIG) invites you to join your fellow colleagues and contemporaries to represent a collective membership of over 500 companies dedicated to promoting, shaping and leading the future of the Oracle family of applications. As a board director, you join a dedicated team of professional users working together to:
- Influence Oracle on product direction and strategy
- Be a conduit for recommended enhancements to Oracle products or processes
- Provide feedback to Oracle from the user community
- Facilitate training, education and networking among the user community
The Call for Candidates
Oracle E-Business Suite User Management SIG is seeking two (2) talented, diligent, resourceful and dedicated professionals to help lead our association. Each board member will be elected for a four (4) year term, and will join other current board members who will be serving their remaining terms. To ensure continuity of Oracle E-Business Suite User Management SIG direction and strategy, we do not replace our entire board membership at the same time. Rather, every other year a portion of the board is re-elected. Regular participation in conference calls is required as well attendance at board meetings and more frequent meetings leading up to each of our twice annual meetings. This averages to approximately two (2) to four (4) volunteer hours per month and is essential for the board to function properly and to be successful in all of its endeavors.
As a board member, one needs to support and promote the Oracle E-Business Suite User Management SIG and OAUG goals by taking an enthusiastic role in the activities that help continually provide value to the Oracle Applications user community. Delivering a presentation at OAUG annual conferences, assisting with membership and awareness campaigns, writing an article for electronic-based newsletters, mentoring new members and encouraging other users to participate in the Oracle E-Business Suite User Management SIG are just a few ways that board members can display leadership to the greater OAUG membership and contribute to the user group's growth and success.
The following are open positions on the Oracle E-Business Suite User Management SIG board we are electing officers for:
- Website Administrator – Keep website updated with current announcements, events, presentations, board members and any other updates as needed
- Communications and Social Media Director – promote SIG activities and new membership through various media opportunities – email, twitter, etc.
As a board member, one needs to support the SIG goals by taking an enthusiastic role in the activities that help continually provide value to the Oracle user community. Giving a presentation at OAUG COLLABORATE annual conferences, mentoring a new members and encouraging other users to participate in UMX SIG and the OAUG are just a few ways that board members can display leadership to the greater UMX SIG membership and contribute to the user group's growth and success.
If you would like to help shape the future direction of the OAUG EBS User Management SIG, please include the following information in an e-mail or Word document and submit via e-mail to Geo/SIG Manager, Molly Whobrey, at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 11:59 PM EDT on September 12, 2016.
- Email Address:
- Contact Phone:
- Candidate Biography:
Please reference "OAUG UMX SIG BOD Election Nomination" in your e-mail subject line.
Candidate biographies are limited to a total of 250 words or fewer. We encourage the use of bulleted lists within your biographical submission to assist the voting members during their review of the ballot.
Please include the following in your biography:
- Why you are running for the OAUG User Management SIG Board of Directors and what you can contribute to the organization
- Position the you are interested in filling
- A description of your leadership and strategic planning skills
- Previous volunteer contributions to the OAUG or other user groups
Special Notes / Requirements / Qualifications
During an OAUG User Management SIG Board election, SIG members select candidates based both on personal knowledge and the written biographies appearing on the ballot. Campaigning activities, as defined below, are strictly prohibited by the OAUG User Management SIG and will result in the disqualification of the candidate. All forms of canvassing, campaigning, or other endorsement activities supporting candidates for office regardless of the media involved are considered inappropriate by the membership.
- "Campaigning" is any sort of activity (other than the officially produced biographies) whereby you encourage UMX SIG members to vote for a particular candidate during the Board election. This includes e-mails (either specifically written e-mails, or signature lines such as "vote for Joe Smith for the 2016 UMX SIG Board"), postal mail, flyers, telephone calls, Web sites or any other similar activity.
- Elections are for individual volunteers, not the companies that employ them. The person elected will be a board member. It is recommended that individuals seek employer approval to run before submitting themselves as a candidate.
- In order to help maintain an independent forum, Oracle employees are not eligible for board membership, (but the board does work closely with several Oracle Employees).
- Membership is open to nearly anyone with an interest in Oracle Applications as detailed above, with the only exception being anyone whose occupation is that of a headhunter, recruiter, employment specialist, etc. These individuals shall not be permitted to participate on the UMX SIG Board of Directors.
- Voting shall be restricted to UMX SIG members who are registered members at the time the call for candidates opens on August 29, 2016
- Ballots will be sent to the email address used to register as a member of UMX SIG and may not be forwarded. All ballots will include a voting key. Voting keys are unique identifiers that ensure only you can vote one time. If a voting key is utilized more than one time, all votes associated with that voting key will be discarded.
- Elections will end at 11:59 PM ET on September 28, 2016. The OAUG will tally all votes and provide information about the newly elected board members by close of business on October 3, 2016.
We look forward to receiving your response. Please contact Molly Whobrey, at email@example.com, OAUG Geo/SIG Manager if you have any questions.